Front End Software Engineer
divvyDOSE is a healthcare startup located in Chicago’s River North neighborhood. Our vision is a life where medicine does what it's supposed to, and people get the attention and care they deserve. We strive to improve the quality of life through innovative design and compassionate customer service that allows medicine to get out of the way of our customers’ lives.
Our company is professional but fun, dedicated yet quirky. We are fast-paced, highly-motivated individuals who focus on health and wellness (and if we’re being honest, sometimes pizza) and most of us have slight obsessions with our pets. We want to make a difference in the lives of our customers by treating them like friends and family. In addition to a competitive salary and uncapped bonus potential, our company offers comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans.
divvyDOSE is looking for a Front End Software Engineer with a passion for optimizing user experiences. We're in the exciting and rapidly evolving consumer healthcare industry which requires constant innovation, evaluation, and iteration. Help us simplify and personalize the pharmacy industry for users who range from early adopters to non-tech users. As a team member you will be responsible for overall development and design of key UI components for divvyDOSE services. This person will be a key contributor to both the desktop and mobile web UI and UX.
- Design and develop UI/UX for internal and external applications
- Collaborate with Product and the rest of the engineering team to enforce consistent interactions across our web applications
- Help define the UI for an entirely new Operations Application that runs our business as well as customer facing applications
- Work with internal stakeholders on usability including Pharmacists, Pharmacy Technicians and others
- As a member of the engineering team, contribute to planning and execution efforts across our applications as needed
- Jumping in on other parts of codebase as necessary
- Having your code reviewed and participate in code reviews, standups, retros, other SCRUM activities
- A Bachelors in CS or equivalent experience
- At least 2 years professional development experience creating responsive web interfaces
- An expert understanding of HTML, CSS/LESS/SCSS, and responsive multi-platform web rendering is strictly required
- Passion for growing your skills, tackling interesting work and challenging problems
- An obsession to create the optimal user experience for non-technical users
- Bright, motivated, passionate engineers who want to work with the same and are open minded about applying the best tool for the job and solving real problems for real users
Bonus but not Required:
- Experience creating wireframes, user flows, and graphical assets
- Experience building native mobile applications, as well as responsive web design
- Ability to collaborate in user research including surveys, usability testing, and more
Our Engineering Culture:
We are a very collaborative, close knit group that is inclusive, fun and hard working. Our number one priority after producing a great product is keeping that spirit alive. We have a firm, non-negotiable no jerk policy. We have a generous time off and work from home policy and strive to create an environment where you can do your best work.
divvyDOSE provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status, or other legally protected classification in the state in which a person is seeking employment. Applicants encouraged to confidentially self-identify when applying.
Job Type: Full-time